What is Depression?
Depression is an emotional disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, and feelings of guilt and rejection.
Signs of Depression in Children and Teens
- Poor appetite
- Weight loss
- Not enjoying playing
- Less confident
- No longer caring about themselves
- No longer caring about family members
- Not wanting to go to school
- Lose interest in life activities
- Eating more or sleeping more
- Eating less or sleeping less
Reasons for Depression in Children and Teens:
- Change of residence
- Death of loved one
- New school
- Ill family member
- Hormone changes
Depression in children and teens can be treated with medication and/or counseling. Our highly trained clinical staff can help identify and treat your child’s condition.
For more information call